We actively welcome volunteers at our school as we know they bring with them a range of skills and experience that can enhance the learning opportunities of our children.
Our volunteers include
- members of the governing body
- parents of pupils
- students on work experience
- university students referred to us by Student Volunteer Services
- local residents
- friends of the school.
The types of activities that volunteers are engaged include
- hearing children read
- working with small groups of children
- working alongside individual children
- accompanying school visits
- sharing their skills/knowledge by talking to the class
- helping with whole class activities, from preparing resources to assisting with tidying up afterwards.
Safeguarding our children is a priority and visitors and volunteers follow our clear procedures. We also make sure that any visitor to school – which includes the staff who run our after-school clubs – visits the School office to sign in and read the school information sheet on safeguarding. All volunteers receive safeguarding training and have to complete a DBS check.
If you would like to volunteer at Ramsgate Holy Trinity, please contact the school office and arrange a meeting with our Volunteer Coordinator to discuss options.